Saturday, June 16, 2007

Soon, Very Soon...

In less than two weeks, I will be home, enjoying the luxuries of American life once more. Since I can't think of much to write, I will share with you the long (and growing longer) list of things I want to eat, do, and see when I get home. But mostly just eat.

People
I told David that I don't know how we're going to get home from the airport on June 29th, because it's going to be very hard for one of us to drive while we're being hugged, kissed, and squeezed the entire time. I hope to spend a solid 3 days straight basking in the glory of David. I'll even follow him to the bathroom.

I can't wait to make a trip to Oregon to visit family and friends and share my pictures and stories with them, and hear what they've been up to.

I miss my kitties! I can't wait to play with Ginsberg, and see what Burroughs looks like with a lot more fur. Also, I hear that Burroughs doesn't hide anymore - I'm so excited!

Food
This is, by far, the largest category. I have been obsessing about food since about 4 days after I got here. It's totally ridiculous, but I can't stop! I plan on gaining at least 5 pounds on cheese alone.

Taco Bell
Margaritas
Picnic food: corn on the cob, potato salad, chips, Gardenburgers
Pizza from David's Pizza
Cereal
Ethnic food: Mexican, Indian, Italian, German - restaurants in general
Fondue with rye bread
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
Fajitas, with cheese, of course
Spaghetti, with cheese, lots of it
Popcorn with butter... not margarine
Bagels and cream cheese
Warm biscuits (from Olde European, perhaps?)
Cookies, cookies, cookies
Grapes
Ice cream
Plain old crackers and cheese
Yogurt
Snickers, Reeses, and Almond Joys
Apples
Strawberries
I could go on, but I think I should just stop there...

Also, cooking. I love to cook, and I really miss it.

Entertainment

I'm going to read different books then the three I have with me. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be here shortly.

I'm going to walk to the AMC theater every day for a week and watch movies while David is at work. Mindnumbing entertainment and air-conditioning!

I also plan on renting a ton of movies that I've missed while I've been gone, though it'll be a few more weeks before they're out probably.

I can't wait to watch trashy reality TV again. I'm going to admit something here: I love CBS's Big Brother. I hope that show is still on this summer. If it is, I plan on catching up on all the episodes in one day and watching it all summer long.

Technology

All modern appliance, including, but not limited to: washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave, oven/stove, blender, tap water, flush toilet, shower, laptop computer, wireless highspeed internet, refridgerator/freezer, etc.

Uploading photos and organizing them on Flickr. The lack of organization is driving me crazy.

Miscellaneous

Going grocery shopping is going to be mind-blowing. Not only will I be able to buy anything I could possibly want, but I can then take it home, but it in the fridge, and eat it.

Swimming: Lake or pool, I don't care.

Taking a bath!

Driving and walking where I want to, when I want to, and alone if I so desire.

Oddly enough, I have a strong urge to go camping when I get home. It's funny, since I've basically been camping for the past month, that I want to do it some more when I get home. It's probably just the enticement of camping food. Mmmm...

Watching fireworks on the 4th of July. Again, not normally a big fan, but it sounds like a blast right now.

Getting a haircut! Also, washing my hair with shampoo and conditioner and not a bar of soap.

Going to the Farmer's Market Saturday mornings

Wearing real shoes again, not flipflops or "slippers" as they're called here

Sleeping in.

Ordering food and having it delivered straight to my door.

No comments: