Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Visa Has Landed


My passport!
Originally uploaded by jenicra84.
Delivery was attempted on Saturday, but I was a little occupied. So, first thing Monday morning, I walked over to the post office, crossing my fingers that everything had worked out on this one. Of course, the machine wasn't working so the guy couldn't release the darn thing to me for an extra 6.5 minutes. I was going crazy, because this has been such a pain.

When David came home, I made him decipher the handwriting, specifically where it says "length of visa." I had requested 6 months, and they gave me 5 years. Ummm, thanks?!?

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Congrats on getting the visa. Now you know you can stay if you want to. I'm sure Dave will be fine with the cats....you know, if your wanderlust gets out of hand.

Also, the changing-planes-three-times thing isn't that bad...it's how many times you have to check and recheck your luggage because of customs that sucks.