Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Frustrations


Visa hiccups
Originally uploaded by jenicra84.
So, my visa application was returned to me today, sans visa, which I wish I could say was more of surprise than it is. I knew something would be wrong with it because there is no information about several of the requirements. I was lucky in that I only had two items checked on the list of requirements still needing to be fulfilled.

On the printout they sent me, it says that they don't accept personal checks, but the personal check I sent along with my application was the only thing that wasn't returned. So now I HAVE to call them about it to find out about the check they still have that supposedly they can't accept. Grrr. Also, since I'm now close enough to my leave time, I'm going to have to expedite the processing (and fork over another $30), which means I either have to get a money order for the full amount (and get my check voided) or send another check for the remaining $30.

Here's to hoping the embassy workers are there tomorrow (they were out on holiday today, being Labor Day for the other 90% of the world), that I can get through to talk to someone, and that they can help me with the whole process.

Until then, let this be my mantra: I will be more forgiving and understanding, I will not be a demanding, impatient American.

On a happier note, Physics 111 Independent Study is a thing of the past. I completed the final exam today and handed it off at the ISI office. Woot! Now if only the professor can get my stuff graded in time for me to graduate!

* Blogged via Flickr - awesome!

No comments: